Western Sydney Diabetes - Masterclass Series 2022 (Online) - Are you looking at weight?
|When||Monday 10 Oct 2022, 7pm-8.30pm|
These Masterclasses are facilitated by the Western Sydney Diabetes faculty for community healthcare providers, including:
- General Practitioners
- Practice Nurses
- Community Nurses
- Exercise Physiologists
MASTERCLASS SERIES 2022 (Online)
MONDAY, SEP 5: Are you up to date with medications?
- When to use SGLT-2 inhibitors
- When to use GLP-1 agonists
- Why is there therapeutic inertia and what’s coming next?
- Q&A and Case Discussion
MONDAY, SEP 12: Are you recognising different types of diabetes?
- Maturity Onset Diabetes of the Young (MODY): Do they need insulin?
- Cancer and Diabetes: Association and Steroid-Induced Hypergylcaemia
- Why it is important to recognise Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults (LADA) and Type 1 Diabetes
- Pancreatogenic Diabetes: Causes and Management
MONDAY, SEP 19: Are you managing elderly patients at home or in residential aged care?
- Managing Diabetes in the Elderly
- Avoiding the Perils of Hypoglycaemia
- The Challenges of Residential Aged Care
MONDAY, OCT 10: Are you looking at weight?
- Eating and Emotional Regulation in Obesity
- Metformin, GLP-1 RA and Twincretins for Obesity
- Bariatric Endoscopy
- Intermittent Fasting, Keto and other Diets for Obesity Management
MONDAY, OCT 17: Are your patients prepared for pregnancy?
- Pregnancy Planning in Patients with Diabetes
- When and How to Screen for Gestational Diabetes
- How to Manage Diabetes in Pregnancy
MONDAY, OCT 24: Are you supporting patients with distress and mental illness?
- Identifying and Treating High Level Diabetes Distress
- Effectively Engage People with Diabetes and Mental Health Issues
- Eating Disorders
MONDAY, OCT 31: Are you screening for dementia?
- Screening, Diagnosing and Preventing Dementia
- Link between Diabetes and Dementia
- Dementia in an Aged Care Setting
For inquiries, email WSLHD-WSDiabetes@health.nsw.gov.auRegister for this event here