HIV & STI Testing Update (Broken Hill)
|Date & Time:||12 December; 6:30pm - 9pm|
|Location:||Thyme Function Room, 220 Argent Street, Broken Hill|
|Contact:||May Wang E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 02 8204 0723|
|RSVP By:||8 December 2017|
This update presented by ASHM aims to help primary care practitioners in Far West LHD overcome barriers to introducing HIV and STI testing as a standard practice for every sexually active patient under the age of 29 years and those in other high risk populations.
Through interactive case studies, this evening update will provide the latest information on HIV and STI testing, diagnoses and basic management.
- Identify appropriate patients to routinely test for HIV and STIs
- Demonstrate increased confidence initiating conversations about sexual health
- Take a sexual health history
- Describe common STIs and their clinical presentation
- Perform STI and HIV diagnostic testing
- Manage patient treatment for common STIs
- Initiate contact tracing and patient referrals where necessary
For further information please download the FLYER.
Register on the ASHM Website