Palliative Care in General Practice (Broken Hill)
|Date & Time:||19th June 2018, 6:00pm - 9:00pm|
Musicians Club, Crystal Street - Broken Hill
|Contact:||Natalie Miani T: 0437 692 614 E: email@example.com|
|RSPV by:||Friday 15 June|
Palliative Care in General Practice provides an opportunity for the Primary Care Workforce to develop confidence, knowledge and skills in the palliative approach to care for people who may be approaching the end of life. You will develop strategies for communicating with patients and their families, exploring the principles of end of life care and self-care strategies to manage personal issues related to working in this field.
Presented by Dr Sarah Wenham, Specialist Palliative Care Physician, Clinical Director - Sub and Non-Acute Care Far West Local Health DistrictLearning Outcomes
- Key strategies for identifying individuals in the general practice setting who may be approaching the end of life.
- Strategies for communicating with patients and families about prognosis and goals and preferences for care
- The principles of end of life care, including assessment and management of pain and other common symptoms
- Resources to support general practitioners to provide end of life care
- Self care strategies to effectively manage the personal issues related to working in this field
For further information please download the FLYER
Register for this Event Back