CPD Event - Management of facial nerve disorder (Cobar)
|Date & Time:||Thursday, September 20, 2018 - 6:30pm-8:30pm|
|Location:||Cobar Bowling and Gold Club, Bloxham St, Cobar|
|Contact:||Therese Gale - T: 0439 104 597 E: email@example.com|
|RSVP by:||Friday, September 14, 2018|
Damage to the facial nerve as a result of head and neck cancer, Bell’s palsy, trauma, ear disease, congenital and other causes can cause significant physical and social/emotional dysfunction.
Effective management of facial nerve disorders requires a thorough assessment, clinical planning and treatment involving a multidisciplinary team of practitioners.
This presentation will cover the main causes of facial paralysis, expected recovery patterns, clinical assessment and surgical, medical and rehabilitation treatment strategies.
Presented by: Dr Susan Coulson, Snr Lecturer in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy, University of Sydney
Target Audience: GPs, Registrars, Nurses (Practice, Hospital and Community), Aboriginal Health Workers, Dentists, Dietitians, Psychologists, Counsellors, Physiotherapists, Pharmacists and other interested health professionals
- 6.30pm - Registration/Light Refreshments (provided)
- 6.55pm - Welcome
- 7.00pm - Education Presentation & Case Study Discussion
- 8.00pm - Interactive Discussion/Q&A
- 8.30pm - Evaluation and Close
- Identify the main causes of lower motor neurone facial nerve paralysis
- Apply the commonly used clinical assessment tools used for facial nerve paralysis
- Investigate a range of surgical and non-surgical treatment strategies available for these patients
- Examine strategies aimed at improving the quality of patient care
For further information, please click HERE
Register for this Event Back