External CPD Event - Dealing with Depression in Rural Australia (Dubbo)
|Date & Time:||Saturday, May 25, 2019 - 9:00am-5:00pm|
|Location:||Quality Inn, 165 Whylandra St, Dubbo|
|Contact:||T: 02 9382 9512 E: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Depression is a common condition frequently managed in primary care.
Identifying and managing depression in a rural context presents a unique set of challenges for health professionals providing mental health care in their communities.
Dealing with Depression in Rural Australia is a highly interactive, multidisciplinary program developed specifically to address the needs of clinicians delivering health care for people presenting with depression in a rural setting.
Using a case-based problem solving format, the program outlines a practical framework for assessment and management planning readily applicable to primary care.
Target Audience: GPs, GP Registrars, Psychologists, Mental Health Clinicians and Allied Health Professionals
- Differentiate between the differing sub-types of clinical depression
- Recognise the contribution of biological, social and psychological factors to the current depressive episode
- Assess and manage risk in the depressed patient
- Select pharmacological treatment best suited to the individual patient
- Develop a comprehensive mental health treatment plan derived from the formulation of the depressive episode
For more information, please click HERE
To register, please click HERE