CPD Event - Atrial fibrillation and primary stroke prevention (Mudgee)
|Date & Time:||
Monday, March 18, 2019 - 6:45pm-9:00pm
PSA NSW Office - T: (02) 9431 1100 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pharmaceutical Society of Australia is hosting an interactive workshop on Atrial fibrillation and primary stroke prevention.
- Describe the classifications of atrial fibrillation
- Discuss AF as a risk factor for thromboembolic events, and determine risk using CHA2DS2-VA scoring system
- Describe non-pharmacological and pharmacological cardioversion interventions in AF where spontaneous cardioversion does not occur
- Explain the place of rate and rhythm control in persistent and permanent AF
- Discuss anticoagulation in AF, notably the use of warfarin and NOACs to reduce stroke risk
- Discuss methods of reversal in emergency situations, as well as the process for ceasing and restarting anticoagulation peri-operatively
- Describe the process of transitioning patients from warfarin to NOACs.
For more information and to register, please click HERE