CPD Event - Traumatic stress injuries: A Practical Guide for GPs (Orange)
|Date & Time:||
Thursday, May 2, 2019 - 6:15pm-8:30pm
Orange Ex-Services Club, 231-243 Anson Street, Orange
Katie Prior - T: (02) 6813 0933 E: email@example.com
Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Complex Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Moral Injury: Science Update and Clinical Management.
The presentation will explore the latest developments in the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and referral of patients suffering traumatic stress injuries, and give GPs knowledge and tools to enhance patient outcomes.
Presenters: Professor Zachary Steel and Dr Lavinia Schmidtman
Target Audience: GPs, GP Registrars, Nurses, Pharmacists, Medical Students, Specialists, Allied Health Professionals and other health professionals with an interest in this topic are welcome to attend
- 6.15pm - Registration/Light Refreshments (provided)
- 7.00pm - Education Presentation & Case Study Discussion
- 8.00pm - Interactive Discussion/Q&A
- 8.30pm - Evaluation and Close
- Describe current diagnosis and treatment of PTSD and Complex PTSD
- Identify developments in research on moral injury
- Demonstrate awareness of comorbidities and relevant management strategies
- Develop knowledge of evidence based and adjective treatments for PTSD
- Improve patient safety outcomes through appropriate use of pharmacotherapy
For more information, please click HERE
Registrations for this event have now closed. Contact Katie Prior to discuss for more information.