CPD Event - Renal Supportive Care (Broken Hill)
|Date & Time:||
Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 6:30pm-8:30pm
Musicians Club Ivory Room, Crystal Street, Broken Hill
Monday, May 27, 2019
This session will present cases relevant to progression of CKD and decision making for patients and families around the commencement of dialysis.
Alternative programs to assist patient not having dialysis or on dialysis but struggling with high symptom burden.
How to manage specific symptoms associated with end stage kidney disease.
- Professor Mark Brown -Professor Renal Medicine, St George Hospital
- Dr Kelly Li - Nephrologist and Palliative Care Physician, St George Hospital
- Dr Frank Brennan - Palliative Care Consultant, St George and Calvary Hospitals
Target Audience: This is a GP and GP Registrar focused event, however, Nurses, Pharmacists, Medical Students, Specialists, Allied Health Professionals and other health professionals with an interest in this topic are also welcome to attend
- 6.30pm - Registration/Light Refreshments (provided)
- 6.45pm - Welcome
- 6.55pm – Introduction – Hammond Care Last Days of Life Packages
- 7.00pm - Education Presentation & Case Study Discussion
- 8.00pm - Interactive Discussion/Q&A
- 8.30pm - Evaluation and Close
- Identify how to delay progress of CKD
- Confidently discuss with patients and families the benefits and risks of dialysis
- Identify specific symptoms associated with advanced kidney disease
- Assess the decision to commence dialysis to minimise physical and emotional harm that can come with dialysis for some patients and families
Register for this Event Back