CPD Event - How to facilitate Nursing Students in general practice (Dubbo)
|Date & Time:||
Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 6:00pm-8:30pm
Western NSW PHN Board Room, 187 Brisbane Street, Dubbo (or via webinar)
Friday, October 11, 2019
This education session will provide Practice Nurses with an opportunity to learn how to successfully support nursing student placements within their practice.
It will provide an overview of what facilitation is, who can do it and how to engage as a facilitator.
The workshop will provide a chance to develop your own facilitation plan as well as identify your role and responsibility as a Practice Nurse when facilitating nursing students.
Finally, it will present the opportunity to discuss some of the issues experienced by facilitators including using assessment tools and having the difficult conversations with students.
- Cathy Maginnis, Lecturer in Rural Health (Clinical Educator)
- Jayne Lawrence, Lecturer in Rural Indigenous Health (Clinical Educator)
Target Audience: Practice Nurses (RN)
- 6.00pm – Registration and Welcome (light supper provided)
- 6.10pm – Welcome and interactive activity
- 6.20pm – Overview of Three Rivers Department of Rural Health
- 6.30am – Facilitation | Who, what, how | Q&A
- 7.05pm – Developing a facilitator plan | Q&A
- 7.45pm – Role and responsibilities of a practice nurse with facilitation | Q&A (Sue Mendham, Practice Support and Improvement Officer, WNSW PHN)
- 7.55pm – The reality of facilitation | Q&A
- 8.20pm – General Q&A session
- 8.30pm – Evaluation and Close
- Recognise the responsibilities of a Practice Nurse when facilitating student work placements
- Appreciate the fundamental requirements of clinical placements
- Develop an awareness of different approaches to and models of supervision
- Know where and how to refer students for help
- Understand the requirements for student assessment and feedback regarding clinical placements
For more information, please click HERE
Register for this Event Back