CPD - Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine - Mental Health Training
|When||Thursday 6 February 2020, TBA|
The Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) provides a Mental Health Disorders Training for Rural Practitioners (MHST) course both online and face to face throughout the year. This course has a specialised focus on rural and remote Australia by addressing issues such as isolation and drought.
The content of the course has been developed by leading general practitioners, mental health nurses, carers, consumers, psychiatrists, and psychologists who are committed to mental health and primary medical care.
The course addresses the skills required for effective treatment in mental health, and is focused around the three tasks of mental health care:
- planning, and
The online course provides you with:
- discussion-based learning, with participants able to learn from one another within the virtual classroom
- an opportunity to learn in after office hours so as to not interfere with clinical time
- the ability to attend from wherever you are throughout rural and remote Australia, and
- opportunities to make up one session by recording if it is missed when held
The face to face workshop format of the course provides you with:
- the same content as the online format, but consolidated to a one day workshop in order to allow you to fast track the application of your Medicare item numbers 2715 and 2717 after your successful completion of the course.