The Empowering our Communities program offers support to people and communities struggling with drought.
WNSW PHN is dedicated to supporting wellbeing initiatives through the Community, Wellbeing and Drought Relief grant program.
Round 1 of the Community, Wellbeing and Drought Relief grant program is now closed.
Round 2 will be announced shortly.
The Community, Wellbeing and Drought Relief grants fund wellbeing initiatives, upskill workers in the delivery of mental health services and provide information and training to community leaders and members.
The eligibility criteria will be based in an area identified as a drought-affected area within Western NSWPHN region.
- funding to support community-initiated events and activities in their local areas to promote wellbeing and raise awareness about issues such as managing stress and anxiety and preventing suicide
- promoting access and self-referral to early intervention mental health services and resources
- providing resources and other support to enhance the engagement of the paid and voluntary workforce supporting impacted communities
The type of activities that will be funded are:
- community health and wellbeing events
- providing opportunities for paid and voluntary workforces to upskill in delivering wellbeing services to drought-affected communities
- community education sessions on promoting mental health, self care in periods of adversity and supporting
- sustaining of local business
- funds can be used for resources to support proposed activities up to a value of $3000 per item
Beth MillsProject Officer - Community Wellbeing
Phone: (02) 5317 1269