The WNSW PHN Immunisation Program aims to support the quality of vaccination services to protect individuals and communities from vaccine – preventable disease.
WNSW PHN is able to assist and support practise in the following key areas:
- Provide support to practices in low coverage areas to achieve an immunisation coverage rate above 90%
- Data cleansing and reconciliation of Australian Childhood Immunisation Register Reports with practice records; establish practice recall and reminder processes for overdue children
- Promote accurate and timely notification of immunisation encounters to the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register
- Assist with reporting issues such as barriers to electronic information transfer
- Distribute current immunisation resources to practices on request
- Assist in the management and storage of vaccines, as recommended in the National Vaccine Storage Guidelines “Strive for 5”
- Cold chain management including data logging services for annual vaccine fridge audit, accreditation purposes, following cold chain breach including power failure
- Utilise existing data extraction tools to identify patients for specific vaccination e.g. Annual flu clinics
Visit our resource page for further information and website links.
Michelle DroulersPractice Support Officer
Phone: 0418 713 979