Western NSW Primary Health Network (WNSW PHN) recognises that a highly skilled, robust general practice workforce underpins the provision of quality primary health care services across our region. As part of the Practice Support Program WNSW PHN offers a dedicated Workforce Support Program and direct access to a specialist Workforce and Education Consultant. Services on offer as part of the Workforce Support Program include:
- Assistance with recruitment and retention of General Practitioners and other primary healthcare staff;
- Provision of information and support to primary health care professionals looking to relocate to the region;
- Assistance and guidance on recruitment of Overseas Trained Doctors, including support with the Area of Need application process and inquiries regarding Districts of Workforce Shortage;
- Assistance with Medical Board of Australia medical registration issues;
- Assistance and guidance with the sale of a general practices.
As part of the Workforce Support Program WNSW PHN also works with local partners to promote and support rural general practice across the region. This includes:
- Working with universities and general practices to build the regions capacity in hosting medical, nursing and allied health medical students;
- Working closely with Western NSW Local Health District especially in communities heavily reliant on GP VMOs;
- Working with the NSW Rural Doctors Network in providing a range of coordinated support initiatives;
- Working with the local Regional Training Provider and local practices to build the regions capacity to host rural GP Registrars.
Nik TodorovskiWorkforce and Education Manager
Phone: 02 6813 0937