Digital Health is the electronic management of health information to deliver safer, more efficient and better quality healthcare. The Commonwealth’s digital health initiatives include My Health Record, Telehealth, Secure Messaging, electronic transfer of prescriptions and the Healthcare Identifiers Service.
For digital health information and support please contact the WNSW PHN General Practice Support Team at our Dubbo, Bathurst or Broken Hill offices.
My Health Record allows Australians to have a secure, online summary of their health information that can be viewed by treating healthcare providers including doctors, nurses and pharmacists across Australia.
My Health Records will not replace existing medical records. Healthcare professionals will continue to take and review clinical notes. The national My Health Record system provides an active online record that follows your patients as they move through Australia's health system, capturing important clinical and treatment information at different points in time. More information can be found at www.myhealthrecord.gov.au
- My Health Record website ePIP information
- RACGP My Health Record Resources
- Digital Health on Demand Training for Healthcare Professionals
- Training Resources for Clinical Staff - includes training videos, printed guides and fact sheets
- Online Training for My Health Record
- My Health Record News - What's New
- My Health Record Assisted Registration: A guide for Healthcare Provider Organisations
- Managing your My Health Record
- My Health Record Readiness Checklist
- My Health Record Identification Framework for Healthcare Providers
- My Health Record for Healthcare Professionals
Telehealth services use information and communications technologies to deliver health services and transmit health information. It encompasses diagnosis, treatment, preventive and curative aspects of healthcare services and typically involves patients, care providers or educators in the provision of these services.
Visit our resource page for further information and website links.
Claire TrottDigital Health Manager
Phone: 0427 582 158