Employment Opportunities at WNSW PHN
Western NSW Primary Health Network (WNSW PHN) is an agile and high performing organisation that responds to the identified needs of the community, Commonwealth and State health policy, and the development needs of primary health care providers.
WNSW PHN is an independent, not-for-profit organisation funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health and plays a pivotal role in supporting GP General Practice and Primary Health Care services to better meet the health needs of the community and patients. The organisation works with a range of primary health care oriented councils and clinical service providers to plan and fund programs based on the health needs of the region in order to better connect local health services to meet local health needs.
Senior Project Coordinator – Drug & Alcohol
Location: Orange (Dubbo or Bathurst will be considered). Full-time fixed term contract.
We are seeking flexible people with a passion for improving primary care health services to join our busy and dynamic team in the role of Senior Project Coordinator – Alcohol & Other Drugs for our Service Development & Performance team.
This role is responsible for assisting the Mental Health and Drug & Alcohol Manager with the development and implementation of the WNSW PHN portfolio of Mental Health, Drug & Alcohol and Suicide Prevention programs. The successful applicant will possess the skillset and experience to:
- Contribute to the overall success of the WNSW PHN Mental Health and Substance Abuse portfolio, by taking lead responsibility of a suite of Drug & Alcohol programs, ensuring that those programs meet funding requirements, operate within designated program guidelines, and meet contractual obligations.
- Prepare plans and reports as required, ensuring thorough and accurate information appropriate for the program, project or other activity is captured and available.
- Contribute to the commissioning, monitoring and evaluation of Drug & Alcohol programs, including the selection and commissioning of service providers.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of innovative and effective strategies which build the capacity of the Drug & Alcohol care system.
- Forming and sustaining effective partnerships with a range of service providers and community agencies involved in delivering Drug & Alcohol services, especially those service providers commissioned by WNSW PHN.
- Coordinate all necessary administrative tasks and complete all project deliverables as required.
- Provide support and assistance to other program areas within the Service Development and Performance team where appropriate.
- Provide leadership to other Drug & Alcohol programs or initiatives funded or managed by WNSW PHN, which may include line management of project staff.
Applications close 16 March 2018