In keeping with our vision to strengthen and shape a world-class person-centred primary health care system in Western NSW, we maintain involvement with universities and other research institutions working on priority-area research projects in our region.
We are a member of the Western Health Research Network (WHRN), an alliance of Universities, Local Health Districts, Primary Health Care Providers, Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations, and Non-government Organisations.
Research projects in which WNSW PHN has current involvement include:
- Mental Health Commission of NSW, Rural Mental Health Workforce Trial
- Impact Collaborative Pty Ltd, Western New South Wales Social and Emotional Wellbeing Measurement Tool Research Project
- University of Sydney / BHP Foundation, ‘Right Care, First time, Where You Live’
- George Institute, NSW Health Collaborative Commissioning Evaluation – Type 2 Diabetes Project
- Universities of New England, Queensland, Sydney, and Western Sydney (Steering Group), Pharmacists in General Practice Project (internal project)
- Three Rivers / Charles Sturt University, Healthdirect Video Call Service Pilot (Exemplar) Program
- Macquarie University, The National Paediatric Applied Research Translation Initiative
- University of Sydney, Community-based medication review, multi-site, MRFF
- University of Sydney, School of Rural Health, Cervical cancer screening project
- University of Sydney, School of Rural Health, Use of heart health checks for cardiovascular disease in Western NSW
- University of Sydney, WoundView project, MRFF
- Charles Sturt University, Movement disorder nurse specialist project
- Western Sydney University, Quality equity and systems transformation in primary health care (QUEST PHC): developing and testing a measuring tool to measure quality in Australian general practices
- Western Sydney University, The experience of Primary Health Networks during the COVID-19 outbreak: challenges and learnings
- Macquarie University, Primary care screening and intervention to increase the healthy active years of life, MRFF
If you are a researcher or stakeholder seeking research-related assistance from WNSW PHN, please contact email@example.com.