2021 Wound Management Update Bathurst
|When||Monday 19 April 2021 at 8am|
The course is designed for registered and enrolled nurses from all health sectors, as well as for clinicians working in Allied Health, Podiatry and Pharmacy. This is an interactive program which incorporates focused group discussion and small group case-study based activity.
This face-to-face course is conducted over two days and is equivalent to 14 continuing professional development (CPD) hours*.
Key learning outcomes
On completion participants will be better able to:
- Describe the anatomy & physiology of the skin
- Outline the process of wound healing
- Identify factors which negatively impact on wound repair
- Engage with the the HEIDI assessment strategy
- Discuss recent developments in debridement and wound hygiene
- Review dressing function in protease and microbial management
- Consider updates in both the aetiologies and clinical practice associated with skin tears, pressure injury, leg ulcers and diabetic foot injury
- Discuss the current theories and practice recommendations involving wound infection and biofilm
- Examine advances in oedema management and compression therapy
Fees are ACN members $410.00 and Non-members $455.00.