CPD - Dubbo - ABC of CBT: Skills for GPs - Day 2
|When||Saturday 1 & 15 February 2020, 9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Where||Lazy River Estate, 29R Old Dubbo Road, Dubbo, NSW, 2830|
|Cost||FREE - Kindly funded by Western NSW PHN (Usually $900)|
Any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our new ABC of CBT provides GPs with a broad range of psychological skills readily applied in a general practice setting. Successful completion of the program also fulfils the criteria for FPS 2 accreditation allowing GPs to access Medicare item numbers for the delivery of Focussed Psychological Strategies. The program consists of 12-hours of face to face in the form of two full day workshops, interactive learning, with 8-hours of self-directed learning which is debriefed within the modules.
- Introduction to CBT
- Challenging Unhelpful Thoughts
- Behavioural Strategies
- Psychological care in general practice
- Motivational interviewing
- Worry and panic
- Avoidance and exposure
• Describe the link between thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
• Identify unhelpful thinking styles.
• Apply cognitive and behavioural strategies to assist people with depression and anxiety.
• Outline the principles of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
• Integrate the provision of psychological services within a general practice context.
• RACGP: 40 QI&CPD Category 1
• ACRRM: 30 PRPD
• GPMHSC: Focussed Psychological Strategies Skills Training
It is strongly advised that participants have previously attended a Black Dog Institute GP workshop.
2 x 6-hour face to face day (includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea)
6 x 1-hour self-directed learning in between days
1 x 2-hour follow up coaching session (online)